Banneton Bread Proofing Baskets are Essential Tools for Making a Crisp and Delicious Bread.
Our baskets made from rattan which is environmentally friendly and also healthy when using it for baking your artisan bread.
Additionally, that proofing baskets don't provide any added chemicals or dyes and you can with no doubt use it in your bakery arsenal with confidence.
All of our bread proofing baskets are hand-made of the high-quality rattan cane. Moreover, each banneton goes with the cloth liner for an optional proofing of your bread.
It helps to avoid sticking the dough to the surface of the basket and better absorbs the remaining moisture from the banneton to improve crispiness and crust.
Keep in mind that, applying a cloth liner can minimize the amount of the traditional for the artisan bread circular flour marks.
HOW TO USE BANNETON PROOFING BASKET
- The first step would be to brush your banneton with a slightly wet brush.
- After that, generously sprinkle it with flour. Use dough scraper to shape a round loaf that will fill up to 2/3 of the basket and place it into the banneton with the irregular side up. The smooth side of the loaf should be in contact with the wicker basket to achieve a beautiful circular pattern on top of the bread.
- Then, cover your banneton with plastic film and let it rest according to the recipe of your bread.
- After the dough is rested, gently turn the basket over onto the parchment paper.
- Slash the loaf, put it into a preheated dutch oven and bake according to your recipe.
- After all done, clean your banneton proofing basket by brushing off all the flour, and put it in a dry place to store.
- Finally, If using a cloth liner, wash it with warm water and mild soap, and let it dry completely before storing.